Advent Calendar Christmas Tree Gifts
- LW-Advent Calendar Christmas Tree Gifts
This gorgeous Advent Calendar SVG file for use with Cricut and Silhouette cutting machines included.
Notes: I recommend Silhouette Brand Chipboard for this project. It gives good stability without being overly thick. You will need 24 tiny brads to complete this project.
1) Cut the pieces as directed in the file. Starting with the 2 chipboard trees, add the "trunks" to both sides of each tree.
2) Next add the tree cut outs to both sides of each tree, then the stars.
3) To assemble the tree slide the 2 trees together using the slots in both. Make sure the bottom is flush when done.
4) Glue the paper circle onto the chipboard base.
5) Add a good strip of liquid adhesive in the cross area of the circle. Place the tree trunk pieces in the cross and let dry to secure to base. If you want to decorate your tree with enamel dots, etc do that at this point.
6) Cut the 24 boxes. Fold score lines all in the same direction. Start by securing the side of the box, gluing the tab inside.
7) Fold up the bottom flaps of the box and glue.
8) Add a mini brad to the hole in the front of the box.
9) Stack the boxes in groups of 6 in each "section" of the tree. In the first picture the boxes are about 3/8" from the edge. Glue the boxes together and to the base.
10) You can also stack them in a more straight manner. Glue together and to the base.
11) For the bows, cut all the pieces. Curve the largest piece around a pencil.
12) Bend the ends of the bow into the center. Glue.
13) Fold the center piece around the center of the bow and glue
14) Add to the base bow and glue to the top presents in the stacks.
I made this in a few hours, took me a bit longer as I had to cut several layers of card as I had not chipboard, when I get some I will make this again
I so enjoyed making this advent tree for my granddaughter. I made all the presents out of diffent Hello Kitty paper.
When I was growing up, I had an Advent Calendar. I loved opening a new window every day. When I saw this cute file, I had to get it so that I could make one to remind me of my childhood Christmas.